BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39290
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : General Discussion : Reading "Slumping Hitters " Thread

Message #238 of 317  *NEW*
To:  All
reyes4mvp  
Subject:  Slumping Hitters
Date:  5/21/07, 5:52am
One of my fantasy teams is loaded with slumping hitters which are: Lance Berkman, Ian Kinsler, Carlos Delgado, Adam Dunn, Andruw Jones and Alfonso Soriano. I also have pitchers that are doin worse that usual: Carlos Zambrano, and Barry Zito. Their recent decline has made me go from 1st place to 5th place in a league with six people. Adam dunn has only been slumping recently but the rest of these players have had this problem for a long time. Trading these players wont work because they have very little value as of right now. Should i continue to wait it out as i have for the past 2 months? Theyre success is the key to success for my team and the only thing keeping me from going to sixth place is the resurgence of David Wright and the hot bats of Mike Lowell and Troy Glaus. I need to win this league so i can use it as bragging rights =)

Reply to Msg #238
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

5734 reads

Message #239 of 317  *NEW*
To:  reyes4mvp
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Slumping Hitters
Date:  5/21/07, 11:44am
My suggestion is to sit and wait it out. Around the All-Star break, start to worry a little bit, but right now, don't worry about it. With the exception of the Ian Kinsler, the rest of those guys are proven hitters that will (should) turn it around.

Reply to Msg #239
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

7253 reads

Message #240 of 317  *NEW*
To:  reyes4mvp
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Slumping Hitters
Date:  5/21/07, 3:15pm
>One of my fantasy teams is loaded with slumping hitters which
>are: Lance Berkman, Ian Kinsler, Carlos Delgado, Adam Dunn,
>Andruw Jones and Alfonso Soriano. I also have pitchers that
>are doin worse that usual: Carlos Zambrano, and Barry Zito.
>Their recent decline has made me go from 1st place to 5th
>place in a league with six people. Adam dunn has only been
>slumping recently but the rest of these players have had this
>problem for a long time. Trading these players wont work
>because they have very little value as of right now. Should i
>continue to wait it out as i have for the past 2 months?
>Theyre success is the key to success for my team and the only
>thing keeping me from going to sixth place is the resurgence
>of David Wright and the hot bats of Mike Lowell and Troy
>Glaus. I need to win this league so i can use it as bragging
>rights =)

Remember what you were buying when you started the season. Adam Dunn is a top 10 fantasy player right now because of his SBs, so you should still be very happy about him. But, remember, you didn't get him for his BA, and it WILL be in the .260s or so when all is said and done. That SB number is jaw-droppingly good, though.

The other guys will give you what they are worth, and I differ from John (but otherwise agree) regarding Ian Kinsler. I still think Kinsler will be a Top 5 2B by the end of the year (he was the best fantasy 2B in the AL, according to PlayerTrack last year).

The problem is that you have too many power + poor BA guys (Dunn, Delgado, Soriano, and Andruw). What you need to do is swap one of these guys for power + BA, or just BA to balance everything out.

Remember: balance in fantasy is the key to everything. Too much of one good thing is bound to kill you somewhere else.

Berkman is an amazing fantasy player (one of the best right now), and you should expect the same as the year progresses. I would ride him out all the way to the end.

Reply to Msg #240
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

7248 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter